Notice Secretary: Janet Thompson
Church Website: www.barrowmethodist.org.uk
Barrow upon soar Methodist Church seeks to help the members of its church family to grow in their relationship with God and each other; and to witness to God’s love by serving Him in our local community and throughout the wider world.
In order to do this, we will:
– be open to developing a variety of worship appropriate to our community.
– be open to further developing our ecumenical relationships.
– continue to ensure that our worship services are welcoming and accessible.
Learn and Care
– encourage all members of the Church family to grow in faith by providing opportunities through Bible studies, Junior Church, prayer meetings and fellowship groups.
– continue to develop effective pastoral care.
– respond to community needs by continuing to offer volunteers from the church family, and making the premises available for use.
– be aware of local issues and respond appropriately.
– Increase our awareness of world issues, and continue our charitable giving.
– work towards environmental good practice.
– encourage members to use their God given gifts in their daily lives.
– continue to encourage our community to come to church activities.
– continue to encourage development of ecumenical acts of witness.
The present Barrow upon Soar Methodist Church was built in 1911 and occupies a central position in this rapidly growing village. Our congregation is spiritually strong and very supportive toward each other and to members of the community. We are just beginning a project to make our premises more multi-purpose and user friendly as we look to the future. We work closely with the other village churches through Barrow upon Soar Churches Together. As well as services on Sundays we have many groups who meet within our building. Everyone receives a warm welcome whether they are a new worshipper or occasional visitor.
SUNDAY SERVICE PATTERN:
10.15 am Morning Worship with All Age Worship once a month
6.00 pm Evening Worship .
Although we have few children, morning worship includes a time for them, before they leave for their own time of learning.
Occasional alternative evening services are arranged with speakers from charities or other social organisations
GROUPS AND ORGANISATIONS
Meets during Sunday morning worship
Meet 2nd Wednesday of every month at 2.00 pm in the Hall and Coffee Lounge
FUN @ CHURCH
Meet on 4th Wednesday 3.15-4.30pm; a time for children and parent/carers to enjoy together.
Games, Craft, Snacks – there is no charge, however donations are welcome.
Meet on alternate Wednesday evenings at 8.00 pm in the Coffee Lounge
NEW HORIZONS – A group for those who are bereaved
Meet on 1st Monday of every month at 2.30 pm in the Coffee Lounge
MINIMARKET & COFFEE MORNING
Held every 1st Saturday in the month at 10.00 am