We seek to fulfil our calling by:
– uniting in praise, helping all to offer their worship to God.
– joining together in fellowship and encouraging all to grow as disciples of Jesus Christ.
– encouraging the use and development of the gifts of the whole people of God.
– seeking to care for the needs of one another and developing links with, and service to the local community.
– building strong links with the Anglican community in the village, through worship, fellowship, service and mission.
– supporting mission at the local level and throughout the world.
– supporting , praying for and engaging in the life of the Methodist Circuit, District and Connexion.
Our aims are:
– to continue the work of Minifsh, Good Wednesday, Messy Church, Sunday School and Bible Study, and to seek ways of welcoming new members to these.
– to help develop and support Godly Play.
– to continue close relationships with St. Mary’s and wherever we can to unite in worship, service and mission.
– to make available the premises for community use.
Although we are small in number, this is a vibrant church with strong ecumenical links with St Mary’s Parish Church. Every month there are three joint services and the Sunday School has been United for over 30 years. All major festivals are celebrated jointly and alternate between the buildings. The worship space is flexible and the building has a 1st floor, available for Godly Play or meetings, with a fully fitted kitchen; access is via a stairlift. The village has a good community spirit, which the Methodist Church is keen to be involved in whenever possible.
SUNDAY SERVICE PATTERN:
The pattern may be adjusted for major festivals.
Notices are displayed on Church Notice boards at the Methodist Church and St Mary’s each month with the pattern in operation for the month.
All services start at 11.00 am. Those in the Methodist Church are preceded by coffee at 10.30; at St. Mary’s, this follows the service
1st Sunday United All Age Worship at St Mary’s (No Sunday School)
2nd Sunday United Service of Holy Communion with the congregation of St Mary’s at the Methodist Church.
United Sunday School at the Methodist Church.
3rd Sunday United Family Communion Service at St Mary’s
United Sunday School meets at St Mary’s.
Messy Church meets at 4pm every 3rd Sunday
4th Sunday Methodist Preaching Service
United Sunday School also meet and will be in at the beginning of the service for approximately 10/15 mins.
5th Sunday United Service. Varied style and location.
A United Service of Mid-week Communion on Wednesday 9 .45am
1st Wednesday at Methodist Church, all other Wednesdays at St Mary’s
GROUPS & ORGANISATIONS & WHEN THEY MEET :–
Bible Fellowship/Study An ecumenical group which meets every Monday evening at 7.45pm in the Methodist Church
Minifish Meets fortnightly at the Methodist Church on Thursdays 1.30pm-3pm during term, and is an informal worship time with Bible stories and play for pre-school children and their carers. Contact: Sue Fossey 01509 881469
Wymeswold Churches’ Children’s Fellowship Club – Meets weekly during term after school on Friday afternoon. The group takes place in both St. Mary’s and the Methodist Chapel buildings in order to help children to become comfortable in both and to facilitate different activities. Contact: Lesley Blount 01509 889692
United Sunday School Meets weekly apart from the 1st Sunday, as indicated on the service pattern information.
Messy Church An informal style of worship for all ages including, bible stories, worship songs and craft followed by tea. This group meets on the 3rd Sunday at the Methodist Church. Contact: Sue Fossey 01509 881469
For more information about any of these groups speak to Margaret Folwell or Sue Fossey
Senior Steward: Margaret Folwell – Tel 01509 880770